Our programme for 2016
We are organizing two more events for the end
of the year: drawing and watercolour during six weeks starting on
November 2, and a market on December 3 for which artists will
empty their workshop to offer original Christmas gifts for a small
All detail are available by clicking on the pictures hereunder.
| Drawing and
empty their workshop for Christmas
| Our latest
- "Journée de l'Art de Vivre en Minervois"
June 21, 2015, many artists and other exhibitors brought
the streets of Olonzac alive during the whole day. This
year again, on July 10, dozens of painters, sculptors,
ceramicists, engravers, jewelers and other will exhibit
and practise their art under the eyes of the visitors.
Click on the picture for details.
Two exhibitions will take place each month
from April to September.
The first one, just like last year, will bring together artworks
created around a common theme. The other one will show the work of
two or three artists invited by our committee. These artworks will
be exhibited in a new renovated room in our premises.
All exhibitions will take place at the Cour des Arts, 4 place de
l'Église in Olonzac. They will be open on Sunday from 10 to
12 am and from 2 to 6 pm, as well as on Tuesday from 10 to 12 am,
or by appointment.
You are all invited to the vernissage on the first Friday of the
month at 7 pm.
Selected themes for this year:
Artists invited to our monthly exhibitions are:
- In April: Chicken and Egg
- In May: Masks
- In June: Movement
- In July: Emotions
- In August: Unusual Minervois
- In September: Vine and wine
Don't hesitate to contact us if you are an artist and wish
to take part in one or the other exhibition.
- In April, Alain Théron, Lydie Jaoul and Nadine Mestressat
- In May, Claire Alario, Frédéric Chevriau and Isabelle
- In June, Delphine Caissal and Thierry Vergely
- In July, Marie Vandewijnckele, Jean-Pierre Fourcade and
- In August, Vincent Félix, René Goxes and Francis Oussens
- In September, Catherine Dendal, Jean-Louis Billaudeau,
Mary-Louise Boardman and Jacques Viville
- Talks and Conferences
We are enriching our programme, with five
conferences already scheduled. From now on all of them will be
given in the Salle Brassens (Olonzac) at 6.30 pm and followed with
Moreover, La Cour des Arts was associated with the Centre de
Recherche et de Documentation du Minervois (CRDM) in Olonzac for
the organization of a major event dedicated to the Grotte Chauvet
(Chauvet cave) where wall paintings dating back more
than 30 thousand years have been discovered.
- On March 11, exceptionally at 7 pm: “New Year’s Gifts and
Toys, a long-standing tradition”, by Murielle Auffret, expert
- On April 8: “Roman Art in and around Pompeii”, by Yves
Dubois, art historian
- On May 13: “Traveling in India: Madhya Pradesh”, by Jacques
- On June 17:
in English “Roman Painting in and around Pompeii”, by
- On September 9 : “Hitler against Modern Art: the so-called
Degenerate Art”, by Yves Dubois (in French; the same talk will
be given in English on November 17)
This event took place on April 23 in the “Gymnase” of Olonzac,
with two key conferences given by Jean Clottes, in charge of the
scientific study of this cave, and by Marc Azéma, a specialist of
movement in Paleolithic art. A workshop for children and an
exhibition of artworks inspired by these wall paintings, to be
held in the same location were also organized.
Drawing, painting and modelling workshops for
children and for adults are organized under the guidance of Claire
Alario every Tuesday from 4 until 6 pm and every Saturday from 10
until 12 am
We are offering two introductory courses for children during
Just as last year, we are also planning a special day for
children, under the patronage of the Communauté de Communes Le
- Introduction to modelling with clay, from April 18 to April
- Painting on canvas with earth and sand, from April 25 to
To register and for all details about timing and fees, please call
Claire Alario, 06 08 37 03 31.